The American Dental Education Association (ADEA), is seeking to add an experienced Director of Program Services to our team of high-performing professionals.
In this position, you will manage multiple programs and liaison functions for the Access, Diversity and Inclusion (ADI) portfolio. Specifically, you will maintain strategic linkages on behalf of ADEA with key stakeholders, implement portfolio leadership development programs and develop programs related to dental schools, developing a more diverse pipeline of students and faculty. This position functions independently with minimal direction and supervision by the Sr. Director of ADI.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the ADEA Council of Students, Residents and Fellows (COSRF). Serves as the staff liaison to ADEA Chapters for Students, Residents and Fellows.
- Reviews application materials for the Junior Faculty Award and Enid A. Neidle Scholar-in-Residence programs.
- Provides oversight for the ADEA Student Diversity Leadership Program.
- Plans and implements projects and programs sponsored by ADEA that focus on women, underrepresented populations and emerging diversity issues.
- Develops resources for dental schools seeking to implement cultural competency in the curriculum and co-curricular activities.
- Facilitates training and develops resources to increase the awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion and to improve cultural competency to internal and external constituencies.
- Disseminates institutional best practices around diversity inclusion climates as they emerge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree with 8 years or more of experience, including management/supervisory experience and diversity and inclusion programs and activities OR a graduate degree with 6 years or more of management and diversity/inclusion experience; experience working with faculty and students in a higher education setting is highly preferred;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Effective problem-solving skills - anticipate and assess problem situations to identify causes, gather pertinent information to generate solutions and make recommendations;
- Team player with the ability to manage and implement multiple complex projects for diverse audiences;
- Highly organized to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track data, information, details and activities;
- Focus on member needs - anticipate, understand and respond to member needs to enhance organizational effectiveness;
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel, as well as other applicable software;
- Availability by phone and email, as needed on evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel 10%-20% overnight and occasional evening work.
In addition to a rewarding and purposeful mission, ADEA offers you a collaborative team environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, wellness benefits, generous paid leave and a 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Our new office is conveniently located across from the Washington Convention Center, near shopping, restaurants and the Red and Green Line Metro Stations. Apply online by submitting a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. No phone calls, please. ADEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit www.adea.org
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is The Voice of Dental Education. Its members include all 76 U.S. and Canadian dental schools, over 800 allied and advanced dental education programs, 66 corporations and more than 20,000 individuals.
The mission of ADEA is to lead institutions and individuals in the dental education community to address contemporary issues influencing education, research and the delivery of oral health care for the overall health and safety of the public.
ADEA's activities encompass a wide range of research, advocacy, faculty development, meetings and communications, including the esteemed Journal of Dental Education, as well as the dental school admissions services ADEA AADSAS, ADEA PASS, ADEA DHCAS and ADEA CAAPID.