The American Dental Education Association (ADEA), is seeking to add an experienced Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations, to our team of high-performing professionals.
In this position, you will develop and execute ADEA's corporate relations strategy and serve as the lead point of contact representing ADEA externally to our key corporate members and partners.
You will use your corporate relations experience to develop a successful sponsorship strategy and prospectus to sustain current partner relationships and grow ADEA's corporate membership. You will also provide expert stewardship of ADEA's relationships with various corporate foundations and other corporate philanthropic entities.
In this position, you will be a valued member of ADEA's Leadership Team, who will rely upon you for leadership, tactical and strategic recommendations and counsel in corporate relations matters. You will enjoy actively collaborating with all members of the team, and also with the Division of Finance and Operations on business-related issues.
This is an-house position in the ADEA Washington, DC office, reporting to the President and CEO. Performance will be appraised based on overall performance against job responsibilities as well as specific annual goals achieved.
- Executes ADEA's comprehensive, proactive development plan that expands and enhances corporate relationships. Directs, coordinates and manages activities related to engaging and securing corporate and corporate philanthropic support.
- Evaluates, recommends and executes stewardship strategies for current corporate members and prospective corporate members aimed at increasing corporate memberships and engagement.
- Identifies new donor prospects from all corporations, including corporate foundations, and presents results to senior management.
- Develops opportunities to engage non-traditional corporate partners in ADEA's work (e.g. non-"dental" companies) including the financial sector, other consumer products, etc.
- Develops highly competitive proposals for corporate prospects and leverages diverse corporate and corporate foundation goals in conjunction with ADEA goals.
- Effectively engages the ADEA Corporate Council to leverage the expertise of the corporate community in advancing the work of ADEA and its member institutions.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the ADEA Corporate Council, and with support from the Senior Manager for Corporate Relations, manages the governance of the ADEA Corporate Council, including adherence to the bylaws, nominations, voting and elections, and various meetings.
- Advances ADEA's interests by maintaining effective communication ties with corporate members and prospects and by researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate guidelines and interests.
- Collaborates with appropriate ADEA staff and the Gies Awards event management company to secure corporate support for the annual Gala event.
- Works with the Division of Finance and Operations to ensure that sponsorships and other financial commitments are properly accounted for, monitored, and reported on in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with ADEA's Membership staff on all membership-related activities related to corporate members.
- Supervises one staff member (Senior Manager for Corporate Relations).
- Works to transition ADEA's current sponsorship structure from a "cost-basis model" to a "value of services model" that will help ensure the sustainability of revenue over time.
- Manages specialized work groups that may be created to develop strategic documents related to ADEA's corporate goals.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the President and CEO.
BA degree and a minimum of 12 years of corporate experience required, preferably in a dental or health-related company
Strong knowledge of and experience with corporate philanthropy development
Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
Excellent communication/presentation and interpersonal skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
Ability to manage staff; substantive experience at the management level is required.
Ability to function independently while contributing to ADEA's goals
Knowledge of dentistry and dental education is required
Availability for extensive travel is also required
In addition to a rewarding and purposeful mission, ADEA offers you a collaborative team environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, wellness benefits, generous paid leave and a 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Our new office is conveniently located across from the Washington Convention Center, near shopping, restaurants and the Red and Green Line Metro Stations. Apply online by submitting a r'esum'e and cover letter with salary requirements. No phone calls, please. ADEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit www.adea.org