The American Dental Education Association (ADEA), is seeking to add an experienced Director for Education Leadership and Faculty Development Programming
to our team of high-performing professionals.
In this position, you will provide leadership to ADEA’s activities and programs that ensure the professional growth and development of faculty and administrators in dental education. You will use your knowledge and experience in association member education programming to conceptualize, design, and direct a range of in-person training programs and experiential learning opportunities, while establishing and maintaining a community of continuous learning and pedagogical innovation. You will be charged with leading and supporting initiatives that strengthen the skills, competencies and abilities of ADEA’s predoctoral, allied and advanced dental education communities. You will advance ADEA’s Strategic Directions by promoting the scholarship of teaching and learning, broadening the scope and content of educational resources available to members, promoting the role of inter-institutional collaboration and facilitating member-to-member dialogue through its conferences and meetings. You will enjoy working collaboratively to orchestrate a comprehensive educational initiative focused on cutting-edge strategies for hastening development and change to improve the quality of education through an evidence-based approach to leadership, institutional capacity building, and organizational and faculty development. You will report directly to ADEA’s Chief Learning Officer.
- Serve as a program expert for ADEA in education leadership and change management, including the identification and application of models, strategies and assessment tools.
- Identify current trends in developing institutional programs and resources that will assist schools and programs to achieve institutional effectiveness consistent with accreditation standards.
- Contribute to developing educational content and programming for the Office for Learning related meetings and conferences (including but not limited to the ADEA Commission on Change and Innovation (ADEA CCI) Summer Liaison Meeting, ADEA Leadership Institute, ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Leaders, and the ADEA Deans’ Conference) and programs (including but not limited to the Academic Dental Careers Fellowship Program).
- Promote futuristic visioning and planning for capacity building, organizational development, faculty development and sustainability leading to long-range planning involving members and key external constituents.
- Establish collaborative relationships with other ADEA focus areas and external experts, building strong partnerships and relationships with client schools, deans and academic leaders to lead new strategic educational initiatives leading to action towards implementation of educational and organizational reform.
- Develop and manage the budgets for ADEA’s professional development programs in collaboration with other professional development staff. Work to ensure that the programs meet revenue and expense goals. Lead monthly and yearly reconciliation processes.
- Strategic thinker with a minimum of 8 years of experience in professional education (health professions is a plus but not mandatory) design/delivery. Six years of experience plus a related graduate degree may be substituted.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required. Strongly prefer an advanced degree in educational leadership or a related field.
- Experience providing innovative educational programs within the professional development/education division of an association or similar environment is required.
- An interest in new technology and an ability to adapt to it as needed is required.
- A passion for ADEA’s mission, an ability to act as an ambassador for ADEA with its members and member leadership and substantive experience serving effectively as a staff liaison on member committees or task forces is required.
- Must be self-motivated, confident, proactive and acutely attentive to details.
- Excellent judgment, tact, diplomacy and professional discretion with information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills are essential, with a focus on the ability to collaborate effectively with others and to remain positive and productive in demanding situations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize strategically as necessary.
- Travel to external meetings and conferences several times per year is required.
In addition to a rewarding and purposeful mission, ADEA offers you a collaborative team environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, wellness benefits, generous paid leave and a 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Our office is conveniently located across from the Washington Convention Center, near shopping, restaurants and the Red and Green Line Metro Stations. Apply online by submitting a résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. No phone calls, please. ADEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit www.adea.org
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is The Voice of Dental Education. Its members include all 76 U.S. and Canadian dental schools, over 800 allied and advanced dental education programs, 66 corporations and more than 20,000 individuals.
The mission of ADEA is to lead institutions and individuals in the dental education community to address contemporary issues influencing education, research and the delivery of oral health care for the overall health and safety of the public.
ADEA’s activities encompass a wide range of research, advocacy, faculty development, meetings and communications, including the esteemed Journal of Dental Education, as well as the dental school admissions services ADEA AADSAS, ADEA PASS, ADEA DHCAS and ADEA CAAPID.