The American Dental Education Association (ADEA), is seeking to add an experienced Research Manager, to our team of high-performing professionals.
In this position, you will provide support and assistance to the research and programmatic activities of the Educational Research and Analysis (ERA) team within the Office of Policy, Research and Diversity. Assistance with research activities will include, but not be limited to, helping to develop and administer surveys, analyzing institutional data, and creation of descriptive and complex statistical tables. You will also provide project management and critical administrative support to ERA research activities.
You will take the lead on managing surveys and research projects of ERA. This includes the following components:
Survey Design and Implementation
- Develop and administer ADEA legacy and ad hoc surveys, including survey design, implementation, fielding, and data collection.
- Assist in the development and analysis of surveys for other ADEA units, providing best practices in survey design.
- Test and launch ADEA legacy and ad hoc surveys.
- Organize institutional survey contacts' information and correspondence.
- Provide technical assistance to schools in completing ADEA annual surveys.
- Ensure high response rates by facilitating outreach to target audiences.
Data Preparation and Database Maintenance
- Download and analyze survey data prior to data preparation, paying particular attention to whether the new data comport to what is expected.
- Prepare and clean data following documentation for ADEA legacy surveys, including data dictionaries and data cleaning notes.
- Maintain ERA database tables that contain ADEA legacy survey data following SQL scripts. Maintenance includes adding new data each year as well as reviewing the tables for discrepancies and anomalies in the data.
- Update and/or edit the SQL scripts in collaboration with the Director of Research.
- Develop ways to correct discrepancies and anomalies in the data in collaboration with the Director of Research.
- Maintain documentation for ADEA legacy surveys, including data dictionaries and data cleaning notes, updating them annually.
- Work on improving the data infrastructure for ADEA's legacy surveys.
- Provide statistical analysis and review of ADEA Legacy Survey Data. This includes reviewing and checking new legacy survey tables.
- Monitor, track and respond to data requests for both internal and external audiences. This includes conducting analyses and benchmarking reports as requested by ADEA members.
- Assist with basic descriptive data needs for ADEA staff.
- Independently conduct analysis of data collected by ADEA and other organizations utilizing advanced statistical methods, when appropriate.
- Take lead on writing executive summary reports of ADEA Legacy Survey Data.
- Assist in drafting Association Reports for the Journal of Dental Education.
- Assist in preparation of conference presentations (review of data, development of key talking points and PowerPoint slides) and present on ADEA survey data when needed.
- Format new Legacy survey tables for publication (online).
- Create general graphs and tables for online data library, data requests, PowerPoint, reports, etc.
- Responsible for the management and updating of online data from ERA.
- With guidance from Director of Research, create report tables using data from Legacy Survey Data.
- A BA/BS degree, along with five years of analytical and research skills and experience.
- Working knowledge of SPSS (including syntax) and a data analysis programming language such as SQL (SELECT and UPDATE statements).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts and technical information with others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Provide attention to detail and meticulous focus on time sensitive materials and activities.
Desired First-Year Outcomes
- Successfully clean legacy survey data.
- Update the ERA database with a new year of data, confirming that the data were updated correctly and accurately.
- Become familiar with legacy survey collection tools.
- Create and field an ad hoc survey in Qualtrics.
In addition to a rewarding and purposeful mission, ADEA offers you a collaborative team environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, wellness benefits, generous paid leave and a 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Our new office is conveniently located across from the Washington Convention Center, near shopping, restaurants and the Red and Green Line Metro Stations. Apply online by submitting a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. No phone calls, please. ADEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit www.adea.org
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is The Voice of Dental Education. Its members include all 76 U.S. and Canadian dental schools, over 800 allied and advanced dental education programs, 66 corporations and more than 20,000 individuals.
The mission of ADEA is to lead institutions and individuals in the dental education community to address contemporary issues influencing education, research and the delivery of oral health care for the overall health and safety of the public.
ADEA's activities encompass a wide range of research, advocacy, faculty development, meetings and communications, including the esteemed Journal of Dental Education, as well as the dental school admissions services ADEA AADSAS, ADEA PASS, ADEA DHCAS and ADEA CAAPID.