|Title:||Senior Digital Communications Manager|
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA), is seeking to add an experienced Senior Digital Communications Manager to our team of high-performing professionals.
In this position, you will oversee ADEA’s digital communications platforms, ensuring the publication of timely and relevant content that reinforces ADEA’s identity as The Voice of Dental Education. This position requires the ability to develop and sustain a content strategy for adea.org, all phases of web content management, social media oversight and primary support for online marketing and communications efforts, including email marketing campaigns. You should demonstrate the ability to be highly collegial, able to work well with a wide array of ADEA divisions and be able to manage successfully time-driven assignments. Key aspects of the role require the ability to interpret and convey technical content effectively across multiple mediums, with a penchant for accuracy. You will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Branding and supervise the Marketing Associate.
- Manages, contributes, “troubleshoots” and improves adea.org web content related to marketing and communications activity and ensures consistency, accuracy and alignment with division and organization-wide priorities, managing and maintaining ADEA web properties as requested.
- Provides content direction and editing of copy, formatting assistance and posting for adea.org as needed.
- Oversees ADEA social media activity including content and graphics initiation, editing and development, posting, monitoring, engagement, campaigns and reporting.
- Develops content supporting communications priorities and marketing plans, including the development and modification of creative designs for digital media (e.g., carousel, skyscraper ads on the site, html emails, trigger email campaigns, etc.).
- Provides guidance on SEO management as related to communications and marketing priorities, and on analytics on an as-needed basis.
- Supervises the Marketing Associate.
- Makes budget recommendations surrounding online communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a liberal arts field required.
- Seven years of marketing/ communications/ publishing experience with variety of media required (e.g., newsletters, web content, marketing, etc.).
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in membership associations strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while remaining detail- and deadline- focused.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and organizational skills required.
- Ability to synthesize analytics for reporting and make data-driven recommendations.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- Basic HTML, in-line CSS.
- Current knowledge of social media principles, practices, techniques and analytical methods.
- Familiarity and experience with content management systems, association management systems and email marketing platforms (preferably Ektron, Association Anywhere and Informz, or similar).
- Experience with website analytics and social media posting, monitoring and reporting tools.
In addition to a rewarding and purposeful mission, ADEA offers you a collaborative team environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, wellness benefits, generous paid leave and a 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Our office is conveniently located across from the Washington Convention Center, near shopping, restaurants and the Red and Green Line Metro Stations. Apply online by submitting a résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. No phone calls, please. ADEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit www.adea.org
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is The Voice of Dental Education. Its members include all 76 U.S. and Canadian dental schools, over 800 allied and advanced dental education programs, 66 corporations and more than 20,000 individuals.
The mission of ADEA is to lead institutions and individuals in the dental education community to address contemporary issues influencing education, research and the delivery of oral health care for the overall health and safety of the public.
ADEA’s activities encompass a wide range of research, advocacy, faculty development, meetings and communications, including the esteemed Journal of Dental Education, as well as the dental school admissions services ADEA AADSAS, ADEA PASS, ADEA DHCAS and ADEA CAAPID.